Okay... so I've been *it* since September (hey, let's be honest. I'm always *IT* hee hee!)
I supposed to share 8 random things about me that maybe some people may not know. Soooo... after a few months (hey. who's counting?) Here's a few Random "Alycia Facts"
actually, while we are on the subject, tho it's not really an "Alycia Fact" (tho really, it is)....an FYI.. my name is Alycia. Maiden name... Savage. Alycia. as in.... "UH. LISH. UH". as in... "alycia fisha disha".... I will answer to a little bit of everything (long as it's nice *S*).... but if you MUST know... it's UH-LISH-UH.
okay... on to randomness.
1. this may not be random. I have two gorgeous *babies*... Andrew, 12 and Gabriela, 7. I am crazy about these *little* people and they inspire me to be a better mom and person daily. I was pretty young when I had my *little* guy (um, he's in middle school and soon to be WAY taller than me... yea yea, i'm only 5'2", but still! freaky town!)....I've grown up alot and learned alot. I love these guys with all my heart.
2. I love love love to sing and DANCE. If I couldn't be a photographer, I would have prayed to God to make me a great singer and/or dancer (probably dancer first... LOVE LOVE LOVE to dance!). I'm all about a little karoke (yea yea. i know. lame-o....whatever. get over it. ha!). LOVE me some "so you think you can dance* (bought gabs and me FRONT row tickets to see them last fall! amazing!). Love all music from musicals to rap! my itunes list is crazy town! ;) I took a year off of college in 1993 to travel with a group called Up With People https://www.upwithpeople.org/ . This year of my life was one of the most amazing.... I spent a year with 150 other people from 25 other countries and we traveled the WORLD including many countries in Western Europe, staying with host families the entire time. I did do some singing and dancing during that year... what a blast (yea yea... check out the SCRUNCHIE action! I still LOVE MY SCRUNCHIES! don't be a hatah!)
3. K. so speaking of college... my bachelors is in Social Work. Love it. Loved working with people. Had Andrew right after college and wanted to stay home with him... I had taken Photography as an elective EVERY semester (old school; film, dark room etc....) FELL IN LOVE! (hmmm....can you guess what that lead to? *S*)
4. Okay, so mentioned the photography... loved it. threw sheets over my canopy to make backgrounds... started scrapbooking like a mad woman (totally obsessed...we are talking stitching, wiring etc). I worked for a few magazines actually. It was a good thing b/c it forced me to want to get better w/ my portraiture!
5. hmmm. five. okay. i'm a military brat. i'm not FROM anywhere. born in VA. moved to IL, then mississippi then texas then mississippi then texas then arkansas (finished HS and college THERE) then north carolina then oklahoma then arkansas then florida. Been here for almost FIVE years! could be a RECORD!!! :) Go southerners! :) hahahhaha!
6. I'm the oldest of 3 kiddos... my brother actually died of a heart disease (he got when he was 8) when he was 14 and i was almost 18. My sis is11 years younger and getting married this MAY!!!!! so exciting!!!
7. I love dolphins. LOVE them. LOVE LOVE LOVE them :)
andom enough? enjoy! more to come...........